We have updated our Terms of Service, Code of Conduct, and Addendum.

Is there a way to do POST to Cribl api endpoint (`/api/v1/version/sync`) from pipeline/destination?

Options
Martin Prado
Martin Prado Posts: 27 mod
edited September 2023 in General Discussions

:question: Is there a way to do POST to Cribl api endpoint (`/api/v1/version/sync`) from pipeline/destination?

Best Answer

• Brendan Dalpe
    Brendan Dalpe Posts: 201 mod
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have Github Actions configured on the repo? This would be the most ideal way.

Answers

• Martin Prado
    Options

we have distributed cribl deployment and have configured gitops; and we are trying to find a way to do automated deployment when PR is merged.

• Martin Prado
    Options

I have github logs flowing to cribl so it would be easy to find out when PR is merged on gitops repo, so now trying to understand how can cribl initiate sync with remote host directly in the pipeline/destination?

• Ben Marcus
    Ben Marcus Posts: 27 mod
    Options

I've heard of one customer using github enterprise actions to trigger a script when commit is merged in prod branch. the script hits the cribl prod environment gets a bearer token then hits the sync endpoint. https://docs.cribl.io/stream/gitops/

• Brendan Dalpe
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have Github Actions configured on the repo? This would be the most ideal way.

• Brendan Dalpe
    Options

In theory, you could use a Cribl Webhook destination to trigger the refresh.

• Martin Prado
    Options

No, we do not have github actions. we use GHE. let me explore script route. thx

This discussion has been closed.