We have updated our Terms of Service, Code of Conduct, and Addendum.

Are there documented procedures for moving the leader to new hardware?

Options

I just recovered a perfect server for a leader. Are there documented procedures for moving the leader to new hw? I was planning on using a new IP,

Answers

• Brandon McCombs
    Options

https://cribl-community.slack.com/archives/CPYBPK65V/p1648570113080999 since this is the leader with a new ip just make sure you update your workers, unless they are using a FQDN to reference the leader.

• Dave Geller
    Options

you threw my old question back at me?!?! OK, I did it 10 months ago, I can do it again :joy:

• Dave Geller
    Options

but you do bring up a good point, before I was single server. Now I have two internal workers and one in the DMZ. so they all need to know the new leader, where is that set? I suspect I could find it if I logged into my environment but it is 10:23, I am going to watch people live off the land in Alaska

• xpac xpac
    xpac xpac Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options

In the instance.yml on the workers. And if you don't use a DNS alias now, this is the right opportunity to change it

• Dave Geller
    Options

not sure these boxes register with the dns server. should I use the hosts file to make sure?

• xpac xpac
    xpac xpac Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    Options

No, I'd create an explicit, manual DNS entry called criblleader.yourcompany.tld or whatever, and point that to your leader. If you ever need to change the leader, you change the DNS entry to point somewhere else

• Brandon McCombs
    Options

any certs the leader is using that specify the IP will need updating too.