We have updated our Terms of Service, Code of Conduct, and Addendum.

Is Cribl.Cloud instance within a VPC, VPC individual to the customer, or are they a tenant?

Options
Chris Morris
Chris Morris Posts: 13 mod
edited September 2023 in Cloud

Random question, and doesn’t really affect me or customer base atm, but is something that ALWAYS comes up with Splunk SaaS. When we say that that Cribl.Cloud instance is deployed within a VPC, is this VPC individual to the customer, or are they a tenant?

Original Post is from https://cribl-community.slack.com/archives/C022FME74PM/p1664401586748939

Tagged:

Best Answer

• dritan
    dritan Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

nah, it’s even better than that. each cloud org is completely isolated in an AWS account. Not a VPC.

Answers

• Chris Morris
    Options

And my follow on question….as I am guessing it is a shared tenant model. Is there things on roadmap for PCI compliance etc? 

• dritan
    dritan Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

nah, it’s even better than that. each cloud org is completely isolated in an AWS account. Not a VPC.

• Chris Morris
    Options

Beautiful news.

• Jon Rust
    Jon Rust Posts: 439 mod
    Options
  • Manish
    Manish Posts: 4 mod
    Options

@Chris Morris, also please shed some light on your use case on why you are looking for PCI compliance. We are talking about this internally and I want to understand your use case.

• Chris Morris
    Options

Hi @Manish - I am having a call with a customer on Fri - who are having issues from a PCI compliance side on using Stream to route data, which could mean they seek other options. I need to understand the specifics first. This is not Cribl.Cloud though - we are over in UK.