We have updated our Terms of Service, Code of Conduct, and Addendum.

Custom DNS (CNAME) + Certificate for Cribl Cloud

Options
Dean Solomon
Dean Solomon Posts: 2
edited August 2023 in Cloud

We use Cribl Cloud, but would like to use our own sub-domain as a target so that we can re-route data as well as manage our own TLS certificates.

Can I do this with Cribl Cloud?

Best Answer

• Jeremiah Ross
    Jeremiah Ross Posts: 8
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Dean

Yes, you can definitely do this. Here is a quick set of instructions:

DNS:

1. Get your group's Cribl Cloud input domain (e.g. hardcore-galileo-123456). This is available at Cribl.Cloud > Network Settings (e.g. default.main.hardcore-galileo-123455)
    2. Create a CNAME that points your subdomain (e.g. cribl-input01.o11y.notarealco.com) to your worker group's input (e.g. default.main.hardcore-galileo-123455)

TLS:
    1. Create a certificate. Make sure that your CN is your subdomain and your alternative names include your Cribl Cloud input domain

2. Install the certificate in your Stream instance. You can create a new cert when modifying your inputs and then select the installed certificate.

I hope that this helps.

JR

Answers

• Jon Rust
    Jon Rust Posts: 439 mod
    Options

Yes, you can manage your own certs for inputs, just as normal; and use CNAMEs to point to them.

• Jeremiah Ross
    Jeremiah Ross Posts: 8
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Dean

Yes, you can definitely do this. Here is a quick set of instructions:

DNS:

1. Get your group's Cribl Cloud input domain (e.g. hardcore-galileo-123456). This is available at Cribl.Cloud > Network Settings (e.g. default.main.hardcore-galileo-123455)
    2. Create a CNAME that points your subdomain (e.g. cribl-input01.o11y.notarealco.com) to your worker group's input (e.g. default.main.hardcore-galileo-123455)

TLS:
    1. Create a certificate. Make sure that your CN is your subdomain and your alternative names include your Cribl Cloud input domain

2. Install the certificate in your Stream instance. You can create a new cert when modifying your inputs and then select the installed certificate.

I hope that this helps.

JR